Mediatel’s Big Day of Data launched very successfully in 2018 with a full day conference that focused on the challenges and opportunities of putting data at the heart of the media and advertising industry. We looked at survey research, so called ‘big data’ and the relationship between the two.
Popular in 2018, and definitely to be followed up in 2019, were sessions around new approaches to consumer understanding, including implicit data, neuroscience, using VR environments and adtech.
Delegates will also be able to hear the very best and most perceptive stories from the recent Mediatel Media Research Awards.
Key themes in 2018 included:
- What constitutes effective data for media owners, advertisers and planners?
- How compatible are their needs in terms of outcomes and success?
- Are we becoming too dependent on online data to understand consumers? Do social media conversations really reflect wider opinion? How far can we get with online data?
- Is GDPR really a step change for consumer and media data?
- What are the media research and data opportunities offered by innovations like voice assistants, augmented reality, AI and blockchain?
- Connecting media and consumer data is a huge opportunity but how can we ensure that we are creating ‘fusion cuisine’ as opposed to unsavoury stew?
- What will the media research and data industry look like in 2025?
IET, Savoy Place, London, WC2R 0BL
Nearest stations: Covent Garden (Piccadilly line) Embankment (Northern, Bakerloo, Circle and District lines)
A Mediatel Events season ticket guarantees you a place at seven of our core events including this one. As well as saving you over £500 you’ll also get free access to bonus events throughout the year.