The event in 2019 is about using data for business application and planning and how data really drives business decisions. We will be delving deeper into consumer understanding of data handling and whether there is trust in how brands are using it. We’ll review some of the latest achievements in behavioural and neuroscience; we’ll look at case studies where adtech and AI helped create better and more efficient campaigns and question whether brands, media owners and agencies define data effectiveness in the same way.
Some new themes for 2019 are: how to use data to drive customer acquisition and retain existing customers; how voice tech will change the way consumers interact with brands and whether gender and age are becoming less important when it comes to targeting. The future of audience currency measurement will be discussed, exploring the scope for partnership across all media currencies in the UK.
Download the agenda here.
Data for Business Application and Planning
- Love Island Partnership Effectiveness Research: Linking real-world behaviours to reality TV
- The power of research and data at every stage of a hit show
- How data led to the evolution of Love Island by engaging with viewers
- How ITV demonstrated the show’s impact to its commercial partners
- What’s next for data, following a decade of disruption in the creative industries?
- How using data insights can help enable new kinds of ideas and how creativity can help to connect customers with data in ways that are less alarming and more charming
- How to move from data-driven marketing, to data-inspired creativity
- Why will customer-level, 1st party data be more important than ever and what new mix of talent will agencies and clients require?
- Which global marketers are starting to demonstrate the potential of data-inspired creativity?
- How to use data to drive new subscriptions and retain existing customers
- How to use attribution models to analyse the impact of marketing initiatives on conversions and find out which campaigns influenced final purchasing decisions? Examples and case studies of data in action
- How can data help break down communication silos within an organisation by making insights easily accessible throughout the organization?
- How is data driving innovation in your company?
Connected campaigns and Addressable advertising
- How an integrated campaign managed to connect on air talent, targeted advertising and social media to change audience perceptions and call to action
- Global’s ‘Get Into Teaching’ iIncreasing perception of teaching as a great career choice
- Delivering long-term relevancy and consideration of a career in teaching to a broad and relevant audience
- Learn how this campaign won the 2019 Connected Consumer Awards
- The big data-related challenges facing the two industries.
- The strengths and weaknesses of the two industries, in relation to data, measurement, targeting and attribution.
- What TV can learn from digital – and digital from TV
- How successful has addressable advertising really been so far?
- Is there a danger of over-targeting and consumer irritation?
Behavioural science’s impact on advertising
- How to personality-profile audiences to inform strategy and CRM, plan campaigns, impact creative and buy media
- An approach that features machine learning from the MIT IBM AI Lab and Psychology (OCEAN Model) and large-scale data collection on hundreds of thousands of social conversations
- Looking at a case study for “Slack”: planning their media and creative launch in three markets at the end of 2018
- Features a live demo of personality profiling
How neuroscience differs from traditional market research and measures conscious vs subconscious responses
The future of audience measurement
A European case study: How the 'Media Club' brought the currencies together in the Netherlands
- The direction of travel for currency measurement in the Netherlands
- What were the circumstances that led to the currencies (literally) moving into the same house?
- What have been the benefits and challenges?
- The structure of the new Dutch Total Media system, which will align TV, print, radio and online measurement.
- Could it happen in the UK?
- With a new tender process underway, is BARB likely to measure non-broadcaster online video (YouTube, Facebook live, publisher video advertising) anytime soon? What compromises would be needed from both sides?
- If not BARB, then who?
- Is the PAMCo model the way forward for other cross-platform currencies?
- What pieces are missing in the media measurement JICsaw?
- Is cross-media currency measurement, as planned in the Netherlands, viable in the UK? What are the advantages and what are the barriers? Is the PAMCo/ UKOM tie-up a sign of things to come?
- How much longer can the current multi-JIC model survive in a connected media world?
Data Technologies: Innovation and Automation
- A brief overview of machine learning and AI
- The benefits of automated processes and the wide acceptance of predictive technology
- How ML can increase efficiency and make a huge impact on reputation and profit in a company?
- Some examples of using ML for media applications
- Combining quant and qual research to analyse visual themes and trends within samples of Instagram content
- Helping with consumer trends, discovery and brand reputation analysis using imaging clusters
Panel: Which data-driven technological innovations will have the most significant impact on media and advertising?
- How will the use of voice technology impact advertising? What services are showing promising signs beyond Alexa and Google Home?
- What impact will AI and machine learning have in the long term when it comes to analysing data, recognising and classifying images, understanding the contextual placement of ads and even designing ads
- Can we use AI to distinguish genuine Social media influencers from data-farmed ones?
- What elements of what we currently do can be improved by automation and which are uniquely human?
End of conference and networking drinks
IET, Savoy Place, London, WC2R 0BL
Nearest stations: Covent Garden (Piccadilly line) Embankment (Northern, Bakerloo, Circle and District lines)
A Mediatel Events season ticket guarantees you a place at seven of our core events including this one. As well as saving you over £500 you’ll also get free access to bonus events throughout the year.