Automated Trading Debate
The future of electronic, programmatic and real-time trading
Thursday 29 November 2018
Automated Trading Debate in 2018 looked at the state of media trading today and offered insights into the latest innovations, trends and challenges. Buyers and sellers will give us their views on each trading medium separately, serving as a quick all-in view across the industry. The event covered the biggest issues facing the media and adtech business, including the models and dynamics that are driving change now and likely to do so in the future.
Mediatel's Automated Trading was the event that first exposed how little publishers were taking from programmatic, the event that started giving you blockchain and traceable time insights; and the only event that has continued to look at "automated" trading over the years where the real benefit in efficiency lies, and not just programmatic, where ROI has often been doubtful.
This year the event was staged within MAD//Fest. Mediatel is an investor in MAD//Fest, an exciting new 2-day conference.
Registration and coffee
Drawing from his extensive experience as founder of Manning Gottlieb, CEO of OMD UK Group, Chief Strategy Officer at Ebiquity and now SVP at MediaLink, Nick will give us a view on what brands are saying and doing about trust issues, in-housing and automated trading; and his views on what we should expect to see next.
- Are we past the trust issues now?
- Auction dynamics are changing. How? And what is the impact of this for the market?
- Has programmatic creative made any progress - or any difference?
- After the initial outcry, might Accenture’s move into media buying ultimately raise everyone’s game?
- In-housing is gaining some momentum – how far does the panel think this will this go?
Sue Cullingham will be summarising the progress with J-EX, the next extension to the J-ET, the industry’s automated trading system Ryan Rummery will provide an update on Global Radio’s DAX.
- Revisiting DAX, the world’s largest digital audio advertising platform and assessing its benefits
- Introducing J-ET Exchange (JEX) - the new addition to the J-ET automated trading system
- What impact will this have on radio trading?
Networking coffee break
End of conference
Head Of Digital Europe, Sony
EVP Precision EMEA, Publicis Media
Trading Director, the7stars
Senior Vice President, MediaLink
Chief Technology Officer, Posterscope
Editor, Mediatel Newsline
Editor-At-Large, Mediatel Newsline
Digital Director, OMD
Development Director, J-ET
Head of Commercial Digital, Global
CEO, The Ozone Project
Agency Group Head, Adobe Advertising Cloud
The Old Truman Brewery, 91 Brick Ln, London, UK, E1 6QR
Nearest Underground: Liverpool Street (Central, Circle, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan lines)
A Mediatel Events season ticket guarantees you a place at seven of our core events including this one. As well as saving you over £500 you’ll also get free access to bonus events throughout the year.