Videoscape Europe 2018
Thought-leadership event for TV streaming
Wednesday 10 October 2018
STREAMING AS THE ENGINE FOR GROWTH
Videoscape explores the growth opportunities that streaming gives producers, rights holders, curators, distributors and aggregators of quality video entertainment in Europe. This thought-leadership event confronts the challenges facing established media companies in an ‘OTT’ market where the media value-chain is being redrawn. It explores the strategies for success across direct-to-consumer, broadcaster streaming, SVOD, Pay Lite and OTT aggregator services.
For our 2018 conference, we take a special look at two fast-emerging propositions: direct-to-consumer (DTC) content owners (including sports leagues who become producers and retailers), and new-world aggregators (including born online sports services and Pay TV ‘onboarders’ who want to re-aggregate a fragmented apps landscape). You will hear from companies who are pioneering these new models.
Throughout this one-day event there is an emphasis on new market opportunities, evolving distribution relationships, and the strategies that achieve growth and profit. We consider the sustainability of the streaming ecosystem as a whole – and whether revenues generated from back-catalogues and thematic specialisation can pay for the mass duplication of CRM, billing and marketing functions.
Key themes 2018
- Optimised marketing that drives new subscriptions at low cost
- How sports owners can use streaming to balance monetisation and reach
- Launch tactics for content released into SVOD services
- Potential app/platform partnerships, from billing to discounted bundles
- Making sure consumers find content in a fragmented apps universe
- Using streaming to expand sports audiences and acquire rights
- Technologies that make streaming easier and maximise subscriber value
- Growing direct-to-consumer revenues without undermining a legacy business
- The investor view on content competition and DTC disruption.
Agenda coming soon...
For further information or details on speaker and sponsorship opportunities please contact us
BAFTA, 195 Piccadilly, St. James's, London,, W1J 9EU
Nearest stations: Piccadilly (Piccadilly line) Green Park (Victoria, Piccadilly and Jubilee lines)
A Mediatel Events season ticket guarantees you a place at seven of our core events including this one. As well as saving you over £500 you’ll also get free access to bonus events throughout the year.