Thought leadership for digital video in Europe
Wednesday 10 October 2018
Exploring how digital video will overtake broadcast TV
Videoscape Europe is about turning digital (online/OTT/multiscreen) video into a genuine broadcast replacement. We are focused on how Europe’s media owners, technology platforms and media buyers can engage and monetize digital viewers more effectively, and more profitably, in an environment characterized by intense competition, fragmented audiences and complex supply chains. We are exploring the strategies that will bring success to SVOD providers, TVOD stores, online broadcasters, virtual Pay TV operators, digital free-to-air bouquets and media agencies. Videoscape Europe is about preparing for a world with much more digital video and digital video advertising.
With consumers watching a growing share of their entertainment OTT, it is essential that we ‘normalize’ the digital video supply chain. What kind of content distribution and monetisation models are sustainable in the long-term for content producers, curators, aggregators and consumers? How do we strip out the cost and complexity associated with distributing video to a plethora of apps, devices and viewing windows? How do we make it easier for advertisers to find and engage prospective customers, harvesting their audience from across the ecosystem?
Videoscape Europe is for executives at born-digital platform and media owners who are reshaping the entertainment landscape. It is for the business, product and marketing strategists who have to ‘think digital’ in a company that still makes most of its money from broadcast. It is for marketers and media planners tasked with maximising branding and sales outcomes from the digital domain, and who must maximise synergies between digital video and other channels to market. It is for the technology suppliers who can make digital/OTT a superior user experience to broadcast and help make it more profitable.
Key themes 2018
Videoscape is a thought-leadership event for the digital media industry across Europe. We want to know how online/multiscreen/OTT video is going to reach more people and consume more of our viewing time than broadcast TV and do so at lower cost and with higher profit margins. Our 2018 themes include:
- Where the money is for digital content providers: sport, youth culture, UGC, original drama…
- How Google, Amazon, Facebook and Netflix will change the premium video market by the end of this decade
- User experiences that are unique to streaming, and how online services can super-serve the ‘super-fans’
- The future of broadcaster streaming services including multi-broadcaster apps
- Which direct-to-consumer offers cannibalise incumbent distributors, which get re-aggregated, which ones thrive
- The advertising strategies and tech that will maximise online revenues, including DAI and programmatic
- Getting the cost and complexity out of digital video and digital marketing workflows
- Premium content battlegrounds and alternative content strategies, including social media TV
- Tackling fraud, piracy, brand-safety, viewability and ad-blocking – the technical and cultural fixes
- The next-generation digital backoffice including AI, data analytics and app lifecycle rationalisation
- How we unify the broadcast and digital worlds, including video workflows and unified marketing campaigns
- Whether consumers have the cash, and studios the capacity, to sustain current online content investments
- Emerging ecosystems that give marketers a holistic view of what consumers are doing everywhere
- How much content is enough, and whether we have yet fulfilled the appetite for thematic and super-niche OTT.
Agenda coming soon...
For further information or details on speaker and sponsorship opportunities please contact us
BAFTA, 195 Piccadilly, St. James's, London,, W1J 9EU
Nearest stations: Piccadilly (Piccadilly line) Green Park (Victoria, Piccadilly and Jubilee lines)
A Mediatel Events season ticket guarantees you a place at seven of our core events including this one. As well as saving you over £500 you’ll also get free access to bonus events throughout the year.