It's safe to say that data has never been more prominent in business, politics and consumer awareness than in 2018. Debate rages about the legality of collecting it, the impact its use (and misuse) can have, and the transparency and accuracy of data used for media planning and trading. Meanwhile GDPR is radically rewriting the relationship between consumers and their data.
Mediatel's Big Day of Data focuses on data at the heart of the media and advertising industry: survey research, so called 'big data' and the relationship between the two. We will also be looking at new approaches to consumer understanding, including implicit data, neuroscience, using VR environments and adtech.
You will hear from the most engaging research practitioners and users, ensuring insights that will enhance how your business sources and uses data to drive success.
Throughout the day we will be hearing the very best and most engaging stories from the recent Mediatel Media Research Awards.
Sessions will include:
- What constitutes effective data for media owners, advertisers and planners? How compatible are their needs in terms of outcomes and success?
- Are we becoming too dependent on online data to understand consumers? Do social media conversations really reflect wider opinion? How far can we get with online data?
- Is GDPR really a step change for consumer and media data?
- What are the media research and data opportunities offered by innovations like voice assistants, augmented reality, AI and blockchain?
- Connecting media and consumer data is a huge opportunity but how can we ensure that we are creating 'fusion cuisine' as opposed to unsavoury stew?
- What will the media research and data industry look like in 2025?
Mediatel’s Big Day of Data will be an essential event for all involved in the production, interpretation and - above all - the business application of data used for media and advertising.
To be part of Mediatel’s Big Day of Data take advantage of our 'speedy bird' offer - £295 for the full day conference, including lunch. Only the first 50 bookings qualify at this price.
The first 50 delegates who book before May 1st ('speedy bird' or full price) will receive a free copy of Richard Shotton's new business best-seller The Choice Factory: 25 behavioural biases that influence what we buy.
'Speedy Bird' Ticket - £295 + VAT
Standard Ticket - £350 + VAT
IPA members can ascribe a CPD value to each Mediatel Events session
IET, Savoy Place, London, WC2R 0BL
Nearest stations: Covent Garden (Piccadilly line) Embankment (Northern, Bakerloo, Circle and District lines)
A Mediatel Events season ticket guarantees you a place at seven of our core events including this one. As well as saving you over £500 you’ll also get free access to bonus events throughout the year.