Automated Trading Debate
The future of electronic, programmatic and real-time trading
Wednesday 11 October 2017
Mediatel's annual Automated Trading Debate discussed all the key themes in the market and sheds light on the future of media trading, via enlightening speakers and sharp panel sessions. This half day conference packed with content that, most of all, seeks to address commercial issues. Agencies and media owners from across the industry are involved as speakers and delegates alongside tech companies and innovators.
IPA members can ascribe a CPD value to each Mediatel Events session
09:00 - 09:30
Registration and refreshments
Where does the money go?
- In 2016 Mediatel reported that, in worst case scenarios, for every pound an advertiser spends programmatically on the Guardian only 30 pence actually goes to the publisher. Has it got any better... or worse?
- With adtech suppliers now facing lawsuits over disputed contracts, our experts will share their thoughts on building more transparency, trust and accountability into the adtech market.
"Every playground needs an adult to stay safe"
- If the ad industry fails to remedy the problems over brand safety and ad fraud it could face government regulation. Our panellists will discuss how the so-called 'Wild West' of online advertising can get its house in order. And....are we ready for GDPR?
Creative programmatic – just a catchphrase?
- Is enough attention being paid to the creative? Is creative programmatic more than just another catchphrase? Does it have a role in improving transparency and credibility too?
Are the consultancies moving in?
- Will we see more moves by the consultancy firms to provide technology for media trading?
Chair: Dominic Mills, Mediatel Newsline columnist and former editor Campaign Michael Smith, European Marketing Leader, IBM iX Rupert Staines, Managing Director EMEA, RadiumOne Paul Wright, CEO, iotec Global Liz Duff, Head of Broadcast, Total Media
- Is there any difference between AI and Machine Learning?
- What is Blockchain? How might it be important for media trading? Are there alternatives?
Simon Kenny, CEO, Hoptroff London Ltd Dr James Carney, Director, Texture AI Stuart Youngs, Founder and Creative Director, Studio Texture + Texture AI Anne Goodman, Adtech and media CMO and advisor
11:00 - 11:30
John McGeough, Commercial Operations Director, Global, The Media and Entertainment Group.
Context vs. audience
- Have we lost sight of what really matters when placing ads online? Many publishers now think so and are lobbying for change, but where do advertisers and agencies sit in this debate?
- Is this just the new buzz phrase - what does it really offer? Does it work? Is it different to Automated Guaranteed?
Scale vs. control
- Automation in advertising provides enormous scale - but often, it seems, at the expense of control. How can the industry redress the balance?
Personalised advertising - Does it really work?
- A personalised web experience for every internet user, based on their behaviour, is not far off. We discuss the latest technological changes to online advertising and how businesses can prepare. What does this mean for brand building?
Chair: Dominic Mills, Mediatel Newsline columnist and former editor Campaign Jonathan Lewis, Head of Digital and Partnership Innovation, Channel 4 Nick Timms, Director of Media, GroupM UK Anne Goodman, Adtech and media CMO and advisor Mike Shaw, VP Sales, EU, Dataxu
13:00 - 13:30
Lunch and networking
Mediatel Newsline columnist and former editor Campaign
European Marketing Leader, IBM iX
Managing Director EMEA, RadiumOne
CEO, iotec Global
Head of Broadcast, Total Media
CEO, Hoptroff London Ltd
Dr James Carney
Director, Texture AI
Founder and Creative Director, Studio Texture + Texture AI
Adtech and media CMO and advisor
Commercial Operations Director, Global, The Media and Entertainment Group
Head of Digital and Partnership Innovation, Channel 4
Director of Media, GroupM UK
VP Sales, EU, Dataxu
Nomura, 1 Angel Lane, City of London, EC4R 3AB
Nearest station: Cannon Street or Bank (exit 8) (Circle, District, Northern, Central lines and mainline services)
A Mediatel Events season ticket guarantees you a place at seven of our core events including this one. As well as saving you over £500 you’ll also get free access to bonus events throughout the year.