Mediatel's annual Automated Trading Debate discusses all the key themes in the market and sheds light on the future of media trading, via enlightening speakers and sharp panel sessions. This is a half day conference packed with content that, most of all, seeks to address commercial issues. Agencies and media owners from across the industry are involved as speakers and delegates alongside tech companies and innovators. We think you will find the outcomes both practical and insightful.
Timings: 9:00 - 13:30
Tickets: £235.00 + VAT
2016 Event Coverage
IPA members can ascribe a CPD value to each Mediatel Events session
Where does the money go?
- In 2016 Mediatel reported that, in worst case scenarios, for every pound an advertiser spends programmatically on the Guardian only 30 pence actually goes to the publisher. Has it got any better... or worse?
- With adtech suppliers now facing lawsuits over disputed contracts, our experts will share their thoughts on building more transparency, trust and accountability into the adtech market.
"Every playground needs an adult to stay safe"
- If the ad industry fails to remedy the problems over brand safety and ad fraud it could face government regulation. Our panellists will discuss how the so-called 'Wild West' of online advertising can get its house in order. And....are we ready for GDPR?
Creative programmatic – just a catchphrase?
- Is enough attention being paid to the creative? Is creative programmatic more than just another catchphrase? Does it have a role in improving transparency and credibility too?
Are the consultancies moving in?
- Will we see more moves by the consultancy firms to provide technology for media trading?
Context vs. audience
- Have we lost sight of what really matters when placing ads online? Many publishers now think so and are lobbying for change, but where do advertisers and agencies sit in this debate?
- Is this just the new buzz phrase - what does it really offer? Does it work? Is it different to Automated Guaranteed?
Scale vs. control
- Automation in advertising provides enormous scale - but often, it seems, at the expense of control. How can the industry redress the balance?
Personalised advertising - Does it really work?
- A personalised web experience for every internet user, based on their behaviour, is not far off. We discuss the latest technological changes to online advertising and how businesses can prepare. What does this mean for brand building?
- How far has DOOH programmatic trading moved forward?
- Can the broader media industry learn anything from radio where DAX and J-ET co-exist?
Nomura, 1 Angel Lane, City of London, EC4R 3AB
Nearest station: Cannon Street or Bank (exit 8) (Circle, District, Northern, Central lines and mainline services)
A Mediatel Events season ticket guarantees you a place at seven of our core events including this one. As well as saving you over £500 you’ll also get free access to bonus events throughout the year.