Automated Trading Debate
The future of electronic, programmatic and real-time trading
Tuesday 4 October 2016
Mediatel’s annual debate around electronic, programmatic and real-time trading. At the 2016 conference we were joined by speakers from companies including The Guardian, Mindshare Worldwide, Fetch, Rubicon Project, Primesight and Double Verify.
2016 Event Coverage
IPA members can ascribe a CPD value to each Mediatel Events session
8:30 - 9:00
Registration and refreshments
Introduction and welcome by Mediatel's CEO Derek Jones.
- Has the trading desk actually made the process of media trading more efficient for agencies and better for advertisers?
- How much more will agency structures be changed by future automation?
- For a publisher is there a future where sales departments are purely filled with administrators?
- If you don't trade programmatically yet are you being left behind or smart to keep control and maintain premium rates as long as you can?
- Is original content becoming worth less the more it is read?
- AI and media: can machines really do planning better as well as trading?
- Will the ANA rebates probe impact the UK market?
Chair: Dominic Mills, Mediatel Newsline columnist and former editor Campaign Catherine Becker, CEO, VCCP Steve Hobbs, Global Head of Media, Fetch Hamish Nicklin, Chief Revenue Officer, The Guardian Martin Brown, Managing Partner, Stack I/O
10:50 - 11:20
Scene setter presentation from James Brown, Managing Director, UK & Nordics, Rubicon Project.
- What is automated guaranteed - and how might it change the market?
- Programmatic TV: it still looks a long way off in the UK. Is that the case?
- How do we see OOH trading changing in the next 2 years?
- Why are we still being held back by poor creative across digital platforms?
- Ad fraud: tech may not beat the fraudsters, but can it help target campaigns that bypass them?
Chair: Derek Jones, CEO, Mediatel Volker Ballueder, Head of Media, agenda21 Digital Adam Ray, Partner, Programmatic, Mindshare Worldwide Steve Brown, Managing Director EMEA, Double Verify David Grainger, Chief Strategy Officer, m/SIX Mungo Knott, Marketing & Insight Director, Primesight
12:30 - 13:30
Mediatel Newsline columnist and former editor Campaign
Global Head of Media, Fetch
Chief Revenue Officer, The Guardian
Managing Partner, Stack I/O
Managing Director, UK & Nordics, Rubicon Project
Head of Media, agenda21 Digital
Partner, Programmatic, Mindshare Worldwide
Managing Director EMEA, Double Verify
Chief Strategy Officer, m/SIX
Marketing & Insight Director, Primesight
RBS, 135 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 3TP
Liverpool Street (Circle, Central, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City lines and mainline services)
Shoreditch High Street (Overground)
A Mediatel Events season ticket guarantees you a place at seven of our core events including this one. As well as saving you over £500 you’ll also get free access to bonus events throughout the year.