New to our events schedule, Youth, Media & Technology is an extended morning seminar which will debate how teenagers interact with and consume media, and how it influences them - and sometimes annoys them! Which brands do they notice and which do they discard...and why?
This unique seminar will include 2 panels - one made up of 14-18 year olds, and the other of media executives asked to draw conclusions and forecast how this will play out for media industries in the future.
Wednesday, 20 April 2011
This unique seminar included 2 panels - one made up of 14-18 year olds, and the other of media executives.
Panel 1: The Youth
- What media are used most frequently and what are their favourite media brands?
- Which media inspire ideas and decisions; which "turn them off"?
- Do they view and listen live?
- Which consumer brands do they follow? How does the media influence this? Which brands do they discard...and why?
- What technology do they use and aspire to use?
- What do they know about integrated technologies and how these can or could be used?
Panel 2: The Experts
The influence of teenage audiences
- Which brands and media are best to reach teenagers?
- Is technology making it easier or more complicated to achieve this?
- Do teenagers only do "bitesize"?
- Is this an audience that will grow up expecting to never pay for their media?
- How can we use research around teenage audiences to shape our promotional campaigns?
Media Correspondent, BBC
Channel 4, 124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2TX
Nearest Public Transport: Victoria (mainline services, Victoria, District and Circle)
St James Park (District and Circle)
Westminster (Jubilee, District and Circle)