Wednesday, 20 March 2013Media Playground 2013
About the Event
1 9.00am - 4.15pm Event Overview
This year's conference will host a series of seminars including:
- Social media
- The Data Debate
- Mobile advertising
As well as our lively panel debate sessions we will also be featuring some insightful keynote sessions from leading industry figures and we'll be demonstrating a number of new technologies available.
There will be a keynote address on new technologies and opportunities from David Rowan, Editor, Wired UK then panel sessions involving, Rovi, Decipher, Mutual Media, GfK, Addictive, Digital Cinema Media, Videology, Newsflare and more.
After the business sessions, from 4pm we have drinks and song and Smooth Radio will be providing a musical backdrop to the event throughout the day. Media Playground 2013 promises to be a truly informative and entertaining day.
2 9.10am - 10.30am Screen
- What's the consumer doing - stats from MediaTel's Connected Consumer data product
- Digital business scorecard. Nigel Walley marks all the main players based on opportunities and challenges
- Surely it is nonsense to suggest the first screen in the living room is not still the TV...?
- Where are the likely winning strategies in this world of many screens? Is Sky's new "open" strategy a risk or has it ensured it retains its lead in the pay TV market?
- Who is running connected TV campaigns and what do they look like?
- Do agencies' broadcast departments still see VOD as largely ITV player and 4OD?
3 10.45am- 11.45am Social Media
- Social TV analytics: social activity around TV - the numbers and the implications from MediaTel's Connected Consumer team
- TV and social are obvious bedfellows, but to what real affect for brands and programmes?
- Who has cracked how best to use social media in the marketing mix?
- Is Google+ posing a genuine challenge to Facebook
- Can Twitter become a genuine advertising platform>
- Can you truly measure a social media campaign now?
- What are the most exciting emerging opportunities in social media?
Chair and Panellists
4 11.45pm- 12.30pm Keynote presentation
5 1.15pm 2.15pm The Data Debate
- Trading desks are here to stay - who do they benefit most?
- Targeted advertising - does it really work ? Does addressable advertising just spook people?
- Does anyone care enough about premium advertising opportunities in the digital world?
- Where can I find the best research on connected campaigns?
- How can industry research and big data work together?
6 2.35pm - 3.00pm Start-ups Forum
A NEW session for Media Playground, featuring brief presentations from some very different start-up businesss, including:
Mutual Media - "a social business model that will disrupt the world of advertising."
Newsflare - "Shoot Video. Tell the World. Get paid."
Present.me - "The next step in social & business communication."
7 3.00pm- 4.15pm Mobile Advertising
- Scene setter from GfK
- Mobile fix LIVE - Simon Andrews, addictive
- MediaTel Newsline video interview with Nancy Cruickshank, launch CEO, Weve
- The stats continue to show mobile usage is flying. Is this just passing marketers by?
- Weve - the mobile industry comes together. Will this make much difference?
- Why do so many brands not have a site made for mobile?
- Location-based marketing - who's doing what; where are the best case studies?
- Is there enough data available to help mobile media planning