Tuesday, 3 April 2012Youth, Media & Technology
About the Event
Our fiery teenage panel talked about their media habits, what technology they couldn't live without, which brands they trust and why they don't want to pay for content or watch ads; before a panel of experts discussed the challenges of engaging with and targeting young people.
1 The Youth
Panel 1: The Youth
- What media are used most frequently and what are their favourite media brands?
- Which media inspire ideas and decisions; which "turn them off"?
- Do they view and listen live?
- Which consumer brands do they follow? How does the media influence this?
- Which brands do they discard...and why?
- What technology do they use and aspire to use?
- What do they know about integrated technologies and how these can or could be used?
Newsline event coverage
Chair and Panellists
2 The Experts
Panel 2: The Experts
- The influence of teenage audiences
- Which brands and media are best to reach teenagers?
- Is technology making it easier or more complicated to achieve this?
- Do teenagers only do "bitesize"?
- Is this an audience that will grow up expecting to never pay for their media?
- How can we use research around teenage audiences to shape our promotional campaigns?