Friday, 3 February 2012Future of Media Research
About the Event
This lively morning seminar looked into whether data fusion would finally be the research theme of 2012, discussed whether JICs were under pressure to adapt to the new media world and the future of social media research.
- Agency research departments should be gate-keepers for all insight
- Will data fusion finally be the research theme of 2012 (see NRS, BARB, UKOM plans)?
- Are JICS under pressure and unwieldy or adapting sensibly to the new media world?
- Targeting - is this a huge opportunity or will this be so refined that we just end up targeting our existing customers?
- Research companies - how should they differentiate their brands to win your business?
- Social media research - possible? practical? worthwhile?
Newsline event coverage
Chair and Panellists
Media Correspondent, BBC
Photography by Hannah J Taylor