Friday, 18 November 2011Future of Consumer Magazines
About the Event
This event discussed Apple's newsstand and who owns consumer data; paywalls and piracy; and the opportunities for tablet and digital formats.
- How has the inevitable growth of digital impacted on print circulations?
- Is there any innovation left in print?
- The model is to charge for content on the tablet - so is this a better bet than online ultimately for publishers?
- Or is it just another unprofitable extension to the business?
- How can publishers best exploit mobile and social media?
- Are our research bodies keeping up with multi-channel publishing?
- Should publishers be moving deeper into brand extensions including e-commerce?
Newsline event coverage
Chair and Panellists
Media Correspondent, BBC
Photography by Hannah J Taylor