Friday, 18 September 2009Future of Radio
About the Event
This seminar discussed how to recapture lost revenues, advantages of private ownership, the difficulties of planning radio advertising, and the threats and opportunities brought about by Spotify.
- Is UK commercial radio stronger in private hands?
- Can radio continue to afford to compete locally and nationally?
- Post recession will radio be able to grab back revenues lost in the last 18 months?
- Should commercial radio get greater government support as it battles the heavily-funded BBC?
- In five years will the bulk of radio listening be online?
- Are businesses such as Last FM, Spotify and We7 complementary or competitive to the UK broadcasters?
Newsline event coverage
Chair and Panellists
Group Commercial Director, GMG Radio
Group Commercial Director, Global Radio
Marketing Director, Autoglass
Former Chief Executive, PHD and Chair, IPA Radio Working Party
Photography by Hannah J Taylor