Thursday, 16 July 2009Future of National Newspapers
About the EventWhat is the real value of newspaper content?
This morning seminar looked at the number of national titles in existence, whether customers are willing to pay for online content, if the print media model is broken as suggested by Maurice Levy and much more...
- Is the print media model broken as Maurice Levy has suggested?
- How much can the newspapers convince customers to pay for online content?
- How long can the market continue to support the existing number of national titles?
- What is the relationship with Google now; is Eric Schmidt setting the agenda?
- How can newspapers ride the social media wave.. and make money from it?
- Can agencies and media owners increase margins by changing the way they buy and sell?
- A recent US survey found that 50% of the people who use Kindles are over 50 years old - discuss!
Newsline event coverage
Chair and Panellists
Media Correspondent, BBC
Founder, Enders Analysis
Chairman and Chief Executive, Walker Media
Managing Director, NI Commercial, News International
Managing Director, Guardian News and Media
Photography by Hannah J Taylor